Wednesday, August 14, 2013

catching up.

Last month I said good-bye to the home we made a family in and to all the life long friends I made in El Paso.

Since it would take awhile for the movers to bring our stuff to upstate NY, Husband suggested Felix and I stay with my family in Wichita Falls. For nearly a month, we enjoyed much needed family time while my sweet husband worked and found us our new home. 

I LOVED being home. There really is nothing like seeing your parents and siblings love on your daughter. Felix loved it! and I loved all the sleep ;) It makes me sick not being close to family. Sigh. 
Oh and THIS finally happened!!! It just so happened that Phoenix was in town visiting her brother who happens to live near my parent's. It was so late when we finally met up that all we managed to take was this grainy selfie. Take my word on it, she is so beautiful and just as nice in person. Bunny, I can't wait to hug you again!

We sure missed Chip all that time. It was the sweetest reunion at the end of the month. 
Saying bye to all my friends and family never gets easier. Felix with my twinkie, her Mama Two. I am so thankful for all the time we got to spend together. 

You guys... traveling with a baby by car across country -- I don't even know how we did it! Felix was pretty great considering but there were parts were she was downright miserable (that 3rd photo in particular cracks me up!) To drive from Wichita Falls to Elmira is 21 hours. We made it in three days, stopping two nights. Lots of snacks and changing her in the car while she drank her bottle were saving graces. I am glad I didn't bother with changing tables at gas stations! 

Somehow, thank God (and my husband's great driving!) we made it to our new home. Here's to new adventures!

And of course, our biggest news... if you're a follower on instagram (@dolcemicaela) you already know this: 
 Felix's baby sister will be here in December!!! 

More on that later... 

For now, I feel like unpacking will never get done!

15 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What an epic journey! Good luck to you all in your new home and congratulations on you lovely news. Hope everything goes well for you and that you get unpacked before December lol!

thegirlhassparke said...

oh my gosh so many changes for you, all part of the adventure your little family is on :)
felix is cuter everytime I see a photo of her and a little sister is such exciting news. the bond of sisters is so amazing, Leah is my best friend but I guess I dont need to tell you that.
goodluck with the unpacking.

Geisslein said...

oh Micaela, a new baby for you?
I´m so happy for you, cute texas girl, and wish you all the best!
sending you a summer-hug from germany! tanja

CarrieMarie said...

fe is just adorable, as are you w/ the new baby bump! :D sooooo happy you got to spend all that time w/ marz & your family before heading north!! *HUGS* love you!

The Childlike Empress said...

yey! congrats on number 2!!!

Rhianne said...

Eeeee, still so excited about your news and I love all your photos, seeing you and Marianne together always makes me smile. Is it weird that my inner yoga person is jealous of Felix's flexibility though? probably :)

Take care lovely xx

Claire said...

wow that's a long way in a car with your little one! Congratulations, Felix will be a great big sister i'm sure. As you know having a sister is so good, it's like having a ready made best friend :)

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is so lovely! And congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you & your lovely family. Such an exciting time. :)

Gracie said...

You have had so many changes and I can't wait to see all your new adventures. I'm soo excited for your new baby and I can't wait to cuddle you and Fe (and baby Maxham #2) x

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Your new house is so cute! I can't wait to hear all about your new home town.

And congratulations on baby number two! I was so excited when I found out! Can't wait to see adorable photos of her :)

x Jasmine

Ashley Ann said...

Ahhh! Congrats mama!

Faiza said...

So happy to hear that you made it to Elmira although I am sure it was tough to leave such a big part of your heart behind in Wichita Falls.

Hope that Elmira is treating you well Sweet Micaela!

Sandra said...

Aw, baby Felix looks so happy with her family! I'm so excited for your big move, and especially for Felix's baby sister! What a perfect Christmas it's going to be. :)

Hope to see more updates once you get all settled in your new home.

xo, sandra

A'n'G Johnson said...

Love bug! It was my absolute pleasure to give you that long awaited hug! I'm glad you posted the photo even though it was a bit grainy. I'm actually taking my time on writing you a long letter about that... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails