Thursday, March 8, 2012

Courtney's Heart.




Bonjour, everyone!

My name is Courtney and I reside over at Kitten Roar! I’m a writer, student, and pastry slinger here in Chicago, IL. I’m happy in love, a mother to the cutest cat in this city, and never without a book or my journal. I was so excited when Micaela asked me to guest post and ‘show my heart’ while she’s out of town to visit her twin for their birthday. I’ve loved her blog for quite a while now, and isn’t she just the sweetest woman around?

A Photo
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A Poem
Remember that you are Venus,
A smoldering bundle of birth and
baptismal embers but that sound and fury
should stay in your hip pockets and canals
until you are called for industry,
until we need your smoke stacks and machine parts
to start pumping with usefulness.
We need you in the piece by piece stage,
connecting breast to navel to legs to ankles
to feet slipping into stilettos
to click clack across floor
in the mating call of your generation.
-An excerpt from Girl: Exploded by Lauren Zuniga

A Song

“As Tall As Cliffs” by Margot and the Nuclear So & So’s. This band is my number one favorite band (I even have a tattoo in honor of them.) I saw them for the first time with one of my best friends a day before my 18th birthday, and this song is what they played for an encore. It was one of the best encores I had ever seen, and it was so fun (watching this video will give you a great taste of what this band is like) and I can’t talk enough about this band. This song will forever hold a fond memory for me.

A Quote
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

An Item of Clothing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This great 75 cent Mackinac Bridge sweatshirt I got in Detroit. Being from Michigan, it’s an awesome, cheesy way to remind me where I’m from.


A Place
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Paris! I have never been, but I have been enamored with it for as long as I can remember. I’ve studied the French language, I’ve read about the culture, and the city, and I have made it a goal to live there for at least 6 months by the time I am 30 (I’ve got 10 years!)

Thank you all for taking a peek into my heart. Micaela, I hope you are having the best time being home with your twin! Have a great day everyone, xo.

2 comments:

Keiko said...

you have a beautiful heart, Courtney.
I too am in love with Paris <3

Jo said...

Such a cute picture of you and your man! :)
And Paris...I can't wait to read what you write once you do make your way there!
xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails